Skip to main content



His story is like a dynamite set upon a hill, ready to rekindle even the most idle mind.
 Culminating from a strong passion to an established craft, Joshua is a force to reckon with in the world of creativity and fashion.
 Read more on this revealing chat interview Ejiro story blog and inspirational blog had with this enterprising young man, Joshua Alabintein.

E PLUS, the storyteller: Hello Joshua, good to have you on Ejiro story Blog and also the Creative and inspirational blog by e plus the storyteller.

Joshua: Thank you, I'm very pleased to be here.

 E PLUS the storyteller: Great! Now, the first time I saw your creations, I was like "Wow! This guy must be very passionate about what he does."

 Tell us more about your works and how it all started.

Joshua‬: Thank you for that comment.
 I'll say it all started at a very young age, I've always loved art and admired various forms of creative expressions.
Although I didn't start expressing myself until I got into the University.

By the way I'm a fashion designer, illustrator and consultant.

 I remember seeing my course mate selling the slippers he designed and I told myself that I could do that, then I decided to draw various designs of slippers in different prints and styles.

This was way back in 2012, at that point I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with my life although I was in the University at that point.

 My brother came across some of my sketches and then advised me that if designing was something I wanted to do, I should read up on fashion blogs and magazines and then I would know if that was what I wanted to do.

So it took a lot of prayers to be sure that this was what God would have me do and over the years till date, God has been amazing in helping me grow as a creative and also learning the ropes in the industry.

 So in detail,  I design clothes, I make fashion illustrations as well as any related graphic artworks.

E PLUS: Interesting!: At the time you realised this as a passion, at what point did you actually set out to take it more seriously?

Joshua: It was after I had prayed about it and it was like a tap opened, I kept having ideas and there was a strong conviction within me to set out on this path.

 I have to really thank God because this decision wasn't just based on a passion or a feeling, it was all God and every day I see His undeniable presence in it.
 E PLUS: Hmmm..thank God for his guidance. Now we know this is not just a "storm in a tea cup" kind of venture for you.

 Do you see an expansion in future?

Joshua: Yes I do, I believe strongly that as I forge ahead I'm going to branch out into other things. I see this as my starting point.

E PLUS: Awesome. What are those challenges you have faced and how were you able to mange them.

Joshua:My first challenge was that although I had a passion, I lacked the skill and so the first thing I did was to learn how to sketch. By God's grace and much practice I was able to acquire that skill.
 Then I went further by learning how to sew. Also putting myself out there was a challenge and I'm still not there yet but I'm better than when I started.

 E PLUS: That's good to know.
So who can patronise your services?

Joshua:Anyone can patronise me, I have been patronised by a blogger, a model, friends, a couple planning their wedding, a fashion designer amongst others.
It depends on the needs of a client, some might want a commission(i.e an illustration of the client) others might want an outfit drained for that and so on.


 E PLUS: Okay, what has been your most demanding job thus far?

Joshua: Teaching. I recently just started teaching how to draw in my Fashion Academy and it's been challenging. I've never attempted it before, but I'm getting the hang of it, slowly but surely.

 E PLUS: What would be your word to anyone who has your kind of passion?

Joshua: I'll say pray, develop yourself, be patient and dream big.

E PLUS: Can you give details of your brand name and how you can be reached?

Joshua: Right now I go by Wèkky
Email: joshyjay94@gmail.com
Instagram: @w_e_k_k_y

 E PLUS: Awesome! Joshua it's been such an insightful moment with you. Thanks for sharing with us and we look forward to having you here again.

Joshua:You're welcome and thanks for having me, it was a real pleasure.


<script data-ad-client="ca-pub-7805492630641207" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RUFAI OSENI: KNOWING THE MAN Rufai Oseni                                                     INTRODUCTION Call him a multi talented personality and you would absolutely be right. We took time out to get close and personal with the man behind the distinct voice that leaves you glued to your radio, Inspiration 92.3 fm. Admin: Who is Rufai Oseni? Rufai Oseni : Rufai Oseni is a man of many parts author of 3 books and studied animal physiology and, a radio presenter of over 15 years (having worked with the BBC and other media organizations). An actor and a public speaker. I started my career of 15 years ago working at JFM radio warri, I have since worked in over 5 Radio stations across the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria. II also had a brief time working with the BBC in Bush house London and I still cover Nigerian stories for the BBC in Bristol. I have done several stage plays in different theaters around Nigeria and other smaller productions.  Recently returned from a
ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!  Don't worry this is not an alarm but I know it is worth your time. Have you ever come across little children who actually make use of vulgar languages like it was their nursery rhyme? It Beats your imagination, right? I have often wondered myself, who takes responsibility for this looseness? or is it just me that happens to be outdated? Hmmm, pardon me ooo. In retrospect, I remember growing up, there were places and words that were prohibited thus as a part of training, our association with friends were well checkmated. To a great extent, it really prevented some excesses, here and there. Time is evolving, likewise our norms. There is so much laxity now. Who is to blame? Parents? Teachers?Guardian? Whatever the case may be, there are loopholes and those loopholes must be attended to. We cannot afford to loose our children as a result of our own carelessness. These children are precious jewel we must keep, well protected and secured. We must be u
                     'TELL EJIRO'!✍      Yayyy! I'm so excited! Thank God, It's Friday.  So Ejiro Inspirational Blog launches it's fresh and new column tagged :   'Tell Ejiro'✍ . This will run every Friday, so your comments on various subjects discussed will be published every Friday on 'Ejiro Inspirational Blog'.  So our First subject of discourse this Friday boarders around the question:  Would you prefer your child/ward to attend school as a Day Student or as a Boarding House Student?  Drop your comment here.👇