Skip to main content
Mind your Language

When I was a young girl of around 14 years old, my stepmother had a quarrel with my mum and out of anger turned to me and said that I would never give birth to any child of my own because my womb was rotten. At the time she was saying this I was still a virgin but for some reason I believed this statement so much that when I met my husband I told him, after he proposed to me, that we should consider adoption because I could not have children. 

WORDS mean a lot to a child.  

I got so angry one day when my cousin told my 7 year old that she could not do anything at her age, meaning to a child is that she is useless! 
I saw my daughter stand there looking dejected, and because I knew where I was coming from, I quickly called my daughter and began to remind her of her chores in the house. 
I had to immediately change what was said in a fit of anger. She started to recount her chores and this put her in a good mood believing and knowing she was not useless. 

If I was not there she would have believed that she was useless and would have started having negative thoughts about herself. 

Negative words are NOT acceptable. 

Always use encouraging words to your children, it helps to build their self esteem. 

Encouraging words help children to stay the course. 

My questions.... 

What words do you say to your children or what do people say to them? 

What words were you told as a child that has made or deformed you to this day? 
👫
For Counselling
Yinka Fasinro~Ajagbe
Wallmark Counselling $ Coaching Company (W3C)
08023125478
🍃
      Get Your Christmas Praise on!!
                    http://musicplus.mtnonline.com/mcservice/ftl/mobile/noauth/music-song-detail.action?musicCode=601010000000301384&rnd=0.0997571757335922
                       🍃                                                                     It's your Favorite Story Blog 
 @ejiroemenikeuka.blogspot.com     
                                           
                                            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RUFAI OSENI: KNOWING THE MAN Rufai Oseni                                                     INTRODUCTION Call him a multi talented personality and you would absolutely be right. We took time out to get close and personal with the man behind the distinct voice that leaves you glued to your radio, Inspiration 92.3 fm. Admin: Who is Rufai Oseni? Rufai Oseni : Rufai Oseni is a man of many parts author of 3 books and studied animal physiology and, a radio presenter of over 15 years (having worked with the BBC and other media organizations). An actor and a public speaker. I started my career of 15 years ago working at JFM radio warri, I have since worked in over 5 Radio stations across the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria. II also had a brief time working with the BBC in Bush house London and I still cover Nigerian stories for the BBC in Bristol. I have done several stage plays in different theaters around Nigeria and other smaller productions.  Recently returned from a
ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!  Don't worry this is not an alarm but I know it is worth your time. Have you ever come across little children who actually make use of vulgar languages like it was their nursery rhyme? It Beats your imagination, right? I have often wondered myself, who takes responsibility for this looseness? or is it just me that happens to be outdated? Hmmm, pardon me ooo. In retrospect, I remember growing up, there were places and words that were prohibited thus as a part of training, our association with friends were well checkmated. To a great extent, it really prevented some excesses, here and there. Time is evolving, likewise our norms. There is so much laxity now. Who is to blame? Parents? Teachers?Guardian? Whatever the case may be, there are loopholes and those loopholes must be attended to. We cannot afford to loose our children as a result of our own carelessness. These children are precious jewel we must keep, well protected and secured. We must be u
                     'TELL EJIRO'!✍      Yayyy! I'm so excited! Thank God, It's Friday.  So Ejiro Inspirational Blog launches it's fresh and new column tagged :   'Tell Ejiro'✍ . This will run every Friday, so your comments on various subjects discussed will be published every Friday on 'Ejiro Inspirational Blog'.  So our First subject of discourse this Friday boarders around the question:  Would you prefer your child/ward to attend school as a Day Student or as a Boarding House Student?  Drop your comment here.👇